which OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LV38_Eagle said:
Really? I only run XP for about half of my PC up-time, but have never had a lock up or anything, it pains me to say it, but it looks like MS got it right with XP.

I disagree. They are getting better, and for an everyday computer, it can often work well. But for the poweruser who expects an OS to hold up through almost anything, it slows down, crashes, locks up, has plenty of annoyances, displays bugs, and tries to be "helpful" to the new user with things like WIZARDS FOR EVERYTHING...which actually can be helpful, but to someone who knows what their doing and wants to do it fast...are an incredible WASTE OF TIME...I mean, DO WE REALLY NEED A WIZARD TO BURN A CD? The way it shows the files "ready to burn" is nice, but then can't you just click the "write files to CD" button and have a nice dialog that has your options all there, and a button to click burn, where it will then fill in the empty dialog bar........MUST there be something that almost says "hello...you probably have absolutely no idea what your doing with the computer, so Windows is programmed to do this for you in step by step functionality system...and too bad for you if you know what you are doing and this is a complete waste of time, you have no choice because this is what the Operation System offers you, and it offers you no way to remove it"...

Sorry. I am ranting at this point. Maybe I'm just extremely mad because my computer just died, or maybe there is some sort of sense there...by the way, you probably noticed that I do not like Windows very much.

Lol, the ‘wizards for everything’ is very true, and an option to turn that off would be more than welcome. I use Linux for most of my work, only reverting to windows for games and other uncomplicated yet incompatible niceties, probably why I have not had much trouble, I doubt MSN is the most taxing piece of software available.

It was a joke Yashar, no need to get all upset, lol. The Blue Screen Of Death is a symbol of earlier Microsoft products.
:::SOB SOB SOB::: well you coulduv put a smilie at the end of it :::SOB SOB SOB:::... i know i was just letting you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom