Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Got this IBM Netvista 2254 Model G06 sitting here, its got integrated VGA, and when i try to hook it up to a monitor, there is no display, tryed to hook up a PCI video card, and see if there would be display off of that, and still nothing. There should be video through the video card even though the drivers arent installed....right ?

so your saying it powers up but you see nothin on the monitor,right?

3 possible reasons
1) the 4pin connector, most mobos have it check if the plug is connected to it
2) the mobo
3) the psu

whats the psu model/brand? and whats the system specs? didnt found much about it i guess its somewhat old , ground yourself by touching one of the sides of the case and disconnect the ram then power up and see if it beeps usally a mobo should beep when theres no ram.. at least when its working properly but even if it will beep it doesnt rule it out

as for the drivers , they are only for operating systems for maximizing the video performance , you should always see things on monitor regardless to the drivers

This comp is like an unsolved mystery, another problem itwas having was the power switch assembly, u would hit it, it would power on, you would hit it again and hold it and it wouldnt turn off, so i took out both ram sticks, mobo did not beep, but yet when i held the power button it shut down....as for the PSU its an AcBel, AC INPUT 100-127V~50/50Hz 5.0A 200-240V~50/60Hz 2.5 A Total Powe 155W Max.

you got the ram out while the pc was off right? i hope you didnt do it when it was on kinda hard to tell from what your sayin , that psu sounds shocking what its amper ratings on the +3.3V/+5V/+12V? look on the sticker , what processor does it have? and how much optical & hard drives? , did you check that 4pin connector^?

check mobo for bad capacitors (perferably with a flashlight) see examples
http://home.earthlink.net/~doniteli/index27.htm
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195
bad capacitors can be replaced at any electronic repair shop

yea when it was off lol, the PSU says +5.0 V =15.0A +3.3V = 12.0A, +12.0V = 4.2A, -12.0V 0.4A, +5 VAUX = 2.0A, here is some specs ive found, its got only one optical drive and one harddrive, ive read the bad capacitor article, and the capacitors on the mobo look like they have some white dried out powder on the top of them and some are horribly crooked, so guessing the mobo is gone.

Processor/Front side bus Intel Pentium III with 133Mhz front-side bus
Intel Celeron processors with 100Mhz front-side bus

L2 Cache 256 KB internal L2 cache memory and MMX technology (Pentium III models)
128 KB internal L2 cache memory and MMX technology (Celeron models)

Chipsets Intel 810e chip set
Intel (82801AA) ICH and Intel 82801AB (ICH0) I/O Controller Hub
Supports PCI specifications 2.2 and universal HCi specifications for USB 1.1
Memory Two 168-pin gold-plated DIMM sockets (one is open)
Supports PC133 SDRAM DIMMs
Supports a maximum memory up to 512MB
Option part number for memory

those amps are way too low defently not good enough to powerup that pc , but as you alredy said the mobo have capacitor issues , if you wanna make it work then have the capacitors replaced at some electronic repair shop it shouldnt cost much or get a p3 mobo with integrated graphics from ebay+get a new psu 300w at least , anyway i wouldnt bother its only a p3 its a very old and slow junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom