F@#$

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Got an aspire case and wanted to see if the psu would be enoough. wanted to know what the **** is wrong with it, first of all the case is missing two 80mm fans. newegg is currently on the ball about getting them back to me.

so, my question is, do i need to wait for my motherboard to get the fans simply running, to get everything on?

oh, btw, for those of you saying 'check the manual'
http://www.aspireusa.net/umanual/um-x-navigator.pdf
this is it in its oh so ****ing annoying and non specific instructions.

objecterror said:
so, my question is, do i need to wait for my motherboard to get the fans simply running, to get everything on?

I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. You need to be clearer in you questions.

What are you trying to do? Just Check your PSU? Then i'd recommend you pick up a cheap multimeter...

If it's an ATX PSU then it requires a motherboard. Or you can bridge two of the terminal in the 20/24 pin connecter. These two wires vary from PSU to PSU and unless you are knowledgeable and careful you could damage your PSU or yourself.

i had the case and apparently i was trying to make sure that the pins are connecting correctly. if what your saying is true, then i won't fiddle with it anymore and wait till i get my motherboard.

they mention in the directions that you need to take the input into another of the PSU connectors, but its not very specific, since it isn't very specific on hooking up the case in general, iam wondering if they are suggesting that i hook this case up as such after i get my motherboard?

Mentali$T said:
to see if than fans and psu work you need the mobo, it will not work without it.

alright, then i over read the directions. so, gathering the info you two have given me so far, what exactly can the input device in the case go to, is there a more specific line of directions anywhere else on how to rig things similar?

Mentali$T said:
to see if than fans and psu work you need the mobo, it will not work without it.

No, you don't need the motherboard. You just need to bridge the two terminals that are for the ATX soft power switch. Normally they are "Green & Black" and right next to each other. The best way to find out which ones they are is removing the cover on the PSU and tracing them back to the 20/24 pin connecter.

This is how I/You can make a Test PSU.
http://www.dvhardware.net/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=5

thank you so much havoc, your input has helped me alot , i recognize the green & black wiring and connectors. my next question is to see which wire/connector goes to which. basically, i have the connections that are from the fans color coded essentially as
Black/White
Black/Yellow

etc. if you need more info please let me know so i can clarify my assumptions as to which connection plugs in to what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom