3.2 to 3.7 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF! How the heck do you stay under 45 all the time.

Alright, the wires are completely out of the way. I'm using stock heatsink and the side panel is open, giving completely air opening.

Why do I idle around high fortys and go mid 50s to low 60s on load?

HAVOC2k5 said:
pfff... I've got a ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe & P4 3.4 Ghz. My CPU never gets any lower then 45C at idle with a Zalman 7000 & a good case with good air circulation. During heavy load it reaches about 55C to 60C.

I've attemped to Overclock this before and haven't had great results. The highest i've been was 3.76Ghz stable. Anything higher then that and I would get restarts. I also tried uping VCORE but same results. Also, load temps would reach 65C to 70C. A tad too hot for me.

I'm not as knowledgeable in (OCing) as many are here, but I'd say that even though intels offer higher overclocks, I'd say you need something more efficient then "Aircooling" to achieve them.
Dude, that Zalman is performing horribly. I have a Tower 112 on my P4 550 @ 3.8 and at full load it hits 47c. The CPU will actually go higher by my PSU is a POS. It idles around 28-32 depending on ambient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom