Rig To be built - Specs plz rate or make suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
may i suggest the OCZ PowerStream 520 Watt, im getting it and i've heard many good things about it.

well, its all depends on the price to me. i really have no problem, with getting a new powersupply. is there any reason behind all of your suggestions? is 500w not enough?

its not that its not enough, its just that first of all the OCZ has many good reviews. and u never now with the upgrades and stuff, especially all the new techs that are coming out these days. and Also you shouldn't really cheap out on a PSU, although it says its 500W, a lot of PSU either burn out quickly, and when that happens u just wasted all ur money. That is much more likey to happen with a PSU thats built into a case. I strongly suggest that you go with a seperate PSU, the one i suggested above has many good reviews and should hold you tight for a while.

Also, if you have the dough, and IF you are going to Overclock i suggest you go with an Opteron 165, if you do overclock you can get it way higher than the x2 3800+, some ppl get it 2 3GHZ, 003 got it to 2.85GHz and thats ONLY with air cooling. so think about it.

hope i helped.

john3 said:
its not that its not enough, its just that first of all the OCZ has many good reviews. and u never now with the upgrades and stuff, especially all the new techs that are coming out these days. and Also you shouldn't really cheap out on a PSU, although it says its 500W, a lot of PSU either burn out quickly, and when that happens u just wasted all ur money. That is much more likey to happen with a PSU thats built into a case. I strongly suggest that you go with a seperate PSU, the one i suggested above has many good reviews and should hold you tight for a while.

Also, if you have the dough, and IF you are going to Overclock i suggest you go with an Opteron 165, if you do overclock you can get it way higher than the x2 3800+, some ppl get it 2 3GHZ, 003 got it to 2.85GHz and thats ONLY with air cooling. so think about it.

hope i helped.

Alright, i've considered alot but as of now i have recieved my case. the powersupply is all built in but i will be considering a new one asap. i would like to get a feel for how i can simply plug things in, get my system running and then make sure it runs smoothly. is there any kind of limit to the time i have before upgrading my psu?

good build, are you going to be OCing?? might want to switch out X2 3800+ for an opty 165

and wut about a heatsink??

Spartan666 said:
good build, are you going to be OCing?? might want to switch out X2 3800+ for an opty 165

and wut about a heatsink??

yeah i've been getting that suggestion lately. i don't plan on OCing yet, but i was wondering about a x2 4400? and i'll check the stats on the opty. i was guessing dual core for more multitasking capabilities then anything else. and a heatsink? you think the stock heatsink isn't enough? (referring to the cpu) also, the case has a total of 5 fans.

I checked up on the opteron proc against the 4400 or 3800. about all the same stats at a good 25 bucks less of the price? why didn't anyone tell me?!?

I agree with the OCZ suggestion. Powerstreams are amazing psu's if you have the money. Ive got the 520w version and its got TONS of features that other dont, plus it looks way better. I think its 139.99 on new egg and I think the 600w version is 179.99.

Well, iam still in the building process. i need to get everything stable in the system and then look for a new psu. i mean, no use in doing anything else unless i can get it in first. iam having an interesting fit with the case i got via aspire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom