Can I Build this PC for less Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Radience said:
since I forgot a PSU, here's a good one;

Antec Truepower 2.0 550W.

Wow that is an expensive PS. What are the advantages to having such an expensive one? Sorry for all these questions. I just like to know why I'm buying something before I do. Also like to save money, hence why I'm hoping to build my own computer. :)

Thanks!

Few Quick notes, make sure that memory is low latency and OCs decently.

Go for the x2 3800+ or x2 4400+

The 7300GS sucks for gaming, go for a 7600GT, 7900GT or 7900GTX for Nvidia gaming.

rockeyman2 said:
Wow that is an expensive PS. What are the advantages to having such an expensive one? Sorry for all these questions. I just like to know why I'm buying something before I do. Also like to save money, hence why I'm hoping to build my own computer. :)

Thanks!

WEll you have to look at the volts the PSU supplies and all of that good stuff. But basically for PSU's you get what you pay for. Buy a $20 PSU thats 600 watts and it will perform worse then a good 250 watt PSU. You should not go cheap when buying a PSU it is the most vital part to getting your comp to run well or at all.

You should probaly buy atleast a 500 watt PSU from a good company such as Fortron, Antec, or OCZ. If you buy a cheap generic PSU you could fry your whole PC.

rockeyman2 said:

Thanks!

Sorry, skipped over that post for some reason. The more expensive the PSU, the better the quality. And that PSU has a lot of Watts to it, and an enormous amount of Amps, so basically it'll provide your system with excellent, stable power. You're guaranteed not to have any issues due to the PSU. And since you're saving money on not needing that 250GB Hard Drive, the price of your PC increases what $10?

I don't believe in Raptor HDD. Are they nice? Yes they are. Are they worth the price? No, I don't think so. They do improve load times, it shaves off 15 seconds (25 vs. 40) in Windows XP boot up, but in games 6-9 seconds off load times. I'm plently patient enought to wait 15 more seconds on boot up. They also run hotter and louder.

I say drop the Raptor and put that toward getting a more powerful GPU, 2GB RAM, or an X-Fi soundcard, but it's up to you.

I only suggests Raptors if you already have a beastly computer and have the money with nothing else to spend it on.

Will I need a new heatsink for the CPU since I'm gonna overclock? What about memory OCing? Would you recommend that?

nice cpu coolers are around $50, a zalman 9500led, big typhoon, or other nice ones that im not going to list cuz everyone's just gonna say they suck (titan vanessa hehe...)
they'll fill you up on the cooling situation

memory OC is more complicated and you should get to know about vcore, timings and what the mhz all mean.

apparently benchmarks show that the raptor does not improve on gaming that much... does anyone actual raptor that can prove me wrong? on games only tho..

rockeyman2 said:
Will I need a new heatsink for the CPU since I'm gonna overclock? What about memory OCing? Would you recommend that?

A new heatsink would be nice, but it is not required. And when you overclock, you overclock the whole system. Basically, that means CPU and Memory, and that is explained in the guides I sent you.

SushiBoi92 said:
Apparently benchmarks show that the raptor does not improve on gaming that much... does anyone actual raptor that can prove me wrong? on games only tho..

*Wave* Hi. Yea, it improves load times drastically. I load Windows in 15 seconds. Go look at your system clock, count 15 seconds, and you'll see how fast that is. Game loading times take into account a lot of things, size and speed of memory included. But my BF2 maps usually load in 20secs or around there and I'm almost always the first person on the maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom