Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-35

• <36

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just looked at the benchmarks, and guru3d uses different hardware, than anandtech so you can't really say its better. also the X1900XTX was almost always behind the 7900gtx by around 10 frames except on a few exceptions. also the 7900gtx is more expensive. both are good cards tho

Running said:
just looked at the benchmarks, and guru3d uses different hardware, than anandtech so you can't really say its better. also the X1900XTX was almost always behind the 7900gtx by around 10 frames except on a few exceptions. also the 7900gtx is more expensive. both are good cards tho

Ofcourse they use different hardware, it would be foolish to expect them all to use the same hardware. But its a benchmark, and with everything else being equal, the 7900GTX beat the X1900XTX.

And yea, the 7900GTX is more expensive, and I already said that I would go with the X1900XT right now, but this isn't a 7900GTX vs. X1900XTX with price taken into account. You have $600 to spend, and in $600, the 7900GTX is better.

seeing that most benchies show each card as being pretty equal, i would look at the price next and there4 go with the X1900XTX

In truth, you really won't be able to tell the difference between the cards. Just pick what color you like better, green or red.

Green Radience said:
Ofcourse they use different hardware, it would be foolish to expect them all to use the same hardware. But its a benchmark, and with everything else being equal, the 7900GTX beat the X1900XTX.

And yea, the 7900GTX is more expensive, and I already said that I would go with the X1900XT right now, but this isn't a 7900GTX vs. X1900XTX with price taken into account. You have $600 to spend, and in $600, the 7900GTX is better.

And if you can find one ... :p

Go Nvidia, much stabler drivers and better features. You can't go wrong with the ATI though if you go that route. I would go Nvidia.

I like the X1900XT/X and would go with that. The reason is because I like HDR + AA, I've seen HQ AF in BF2 and looks awsome, Adaptive AA, and they are in stock and cheaper as well. However, the X1900XT/X uses more power and is more hot but isn't a big factor. They also said it is really loud, but when I heard my friends computer you could tell it was louder then other video cards but when your playing a game you don't notice it as much and if you have headphones your fine. ATI has better image quality the nvidia and it handles AA/AF pretty good while Nvidia's cards run slightly faster most of the time, but I'll take HQAF over 6 fps. In 3Dmark05 the X1900XTX beats out the 7900GTX, but in 3Dmark06 the 7900GTX beats it out by ~150 marks I think.

I even hear that the X1900 runs better in Oblivion in outdoor areas then the 7900GTX but perform almost the exact same in indoor areas (even with the so called Oblivion optimized drivers which hasn't shown much of an improvment).

Both are great cards but to break it down, I like better image quality and cheaper price over 5-10% performance increase in ideal conditions (where as the X1900XT/X is either slightly slower or faster).

X1900XT/X

Pros:

In stock and cheaper ($4xx range)
Best image quality (HDR+AA, HQAF, AAA)

Cons:

Louder then most cards
Uses more power then 7900GTX
Runs hotter as well
Crossfire isn't that great (clunky setup, not as efficient as nvidia, uses more power)

7900GTX:

Pros:

Quiet and decently low power use
Slightly better benchmarks (single card)
SLI owns Crossfire
EVGA!! :)

Cons:

More Expensive
Not a lot are in stock

003 said:
In truth, you really won't be able to tell the difference between the cards. Just pick what color you like better, green or red.

i agree both cards are really good...

however i would go with the nVidia for future proof reasons....SLi is better than crossfire...so there for you could just buy another 7900GTX when the price falls and still have a really good setup...where as if you get the 1900XTX you would have to get a new card..

i have had both ATi and nVidia in my computers...i have tend to find that the nVidia drivers are alot better so my choice is....

green nVidia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom