Video card problems =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Ok so I ordered all of my parts (check sig) and constructed my computer today. I fired up the system, all the case fans, heatsink, and lights/display are working right, the video card fan is also on, I have the extra 4-pin power connected to the card as well and its in the PCI slot like its supposed to be. I have the old fashioned whatever pin most semi-old monitors use and used the converter to make it DVI? compatible or whatever. But, I have no video once so ever. I checked my connections and all, seems to be fine besides the fact that my video card might could go down a little bit towards the input plugs, but it doesn't seem hardly enough to worry about and besides...it wont. I must not have the mobo sitting high enough off the case or something... I don't know. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks.

P.S - Any comments about this setup send my way, heh.

You'll have the mobo in the right place as long as you used the mobo mounts that your case came with. I'm not really sure if that VGA to DVI convertor works, I thought that you had to actually have a monitor that supported DVI and the good picture quality. The vid card could not be sitting in the PCI slot properly, or maybe you didn't lock it down on the outside of the case.

That is a nice setup though, you going to get another 7900GT seeing as you have a SLi board? And can you post a link to your case?

you meant pci-e and the *old fshioned* is 15pin and its called D-SUB , you didnt exactly use the adapter to make it *DVI* the monitor is still getting analog signal you used a DVI-->D-SUB adapter , anyway did you connect the 4pin plug to the mobo? look at this picture (near the mouse/keyboard connectors)
http://img.neoseeker.com/v_image.php?articleid=1875&image=21 , whats your psu brand/model? and does it have a 24pin main connector?

if the psu have a 24pin connector and you alredy connected the 4pin to the mobo and that didnt help then the psu is weak or the mobo is faulty i guess ill know more after youll reply

I haven't locked it down outside of the case, I don't see where that would matter. The converter from 15 pin to DVI should work, but who knows. I might could get the card in to the slot a little better, but I would have to unplug all my wires and all to get to the screws. I only used the mounts on one side, which looked leveled out to me. The motherboard idiot sheet was very plain, said to just "screw it down".

Yes, I plan on in the near future to buy another vid card like this one...if I ever get the one I own to work lol. But at 300+ dollars its hard to scrap that kind of cash when you got a truck note, insurance, phones.... on low income. Ha.

Yes, I have the four pin connector plugged into the board, as well as the EZ-Plug and the 24 pin connector. Is it bad that I have BOTH plugged in?

I swapped out the PSU that came with my case (400W) to a Rosewill 550W PSU w/ LED and all the flashy stuff.

http://www.extrememhz.com/mgeviper2-p1.shtml
Link to my case ^^

good question , i had a look at the manual and it seems you should connect the EZ-Plug only when using SLI with video cards that dont have power connectors, disconnect the EZ-Plug and see how it goes

make sure the video card is sitting tight , anyway its not a sure thing that you got it DOA maybe it was fine but you fried it when you used both ezplug & 4pin at once. with your setup you shouldnt have use it so who knows , might be a longshot but try it anyway: clear the cmos

look in the manual,page 46
also usally the case speaker will beep when theres no ram connected so disconnect it and see if it beeps if it wont beep then the mobo is defenetly faulty but if it will it still doesnt rule it out and i cant think of any other reason

Pyrothrillah said:
I doubt it fried it really, it would have fried the fan as well
not necessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom