Vaccum Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys can u explain this to me.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/Maxx0012/temps.jpg

Im running a intel p4 2.0 oc'd to 2.5 with a zalman cnps7700cu heatsink/fan its a northwood chip too. if thats any help. my temps are constantly below 10 unless i stress it with bf2,hl2,doom 3 and so on. but idle its around there and even lower. i was thinking it may be an error with my mobo but i tried it in three other mobo's and tried more then one p4 chip like mine and got these temps.

One of four things:

1. Your sensor is messed up

2. The image is faked

3. You have your computer in some cold enviroment (which would be a REALLY bad idea due to condensation) as the air temp in the case cannot be lower than the ambient temp in the room.

4. You are really using something else to cool (phase change, peltier) and not the Zalman

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! lol

bryan64 said:
One of four things:

1. Your sensor is messed up

2. The image is faked

3. You have your computer in some cold enviroment (which would be a REALLY bad idea due to condensation) as the air temp in the case cannot be lower than the ambient temp in the room.

4. You are really using something else to cool (phase change, peltier) and not the Zalman

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! lol

We can rule out number three because his motherboard temperature would not be 30 degrees higher than the processor if the air temperature was cold. if they were both that low then maybe, but not with such a big difference.

Can you prove that it is running at them temps while its not being underclocked??? The only time I have seen a cpu that is below ambient temp is where an AC unit is blowing directly onto the HSF with a duct mod... And even then I couldn't get that low.

I haven't really concidered my fan setup too much.

I have two 80mm fans sucking low front, one 80mm blowing out top and one 80mm blowing high back, also the PSU blows.

Could I reconfigure this more effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom