Video Problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimara said:
My computer that was in stand-by would not wake. This sometimes happens, so I rebooted the computer. My monitor does not 'turn on' (it has the power, but it is still in standby) and the computer doesn't make the ussual noises. Nothing appears on the screen, except for the Check Video Cable box. I figure it isn't getting a signal. I hook up a different monitor to the same computer, which doesn't work. I test the original monitor on a different computer, which works. I know the problem isn't the monitor, connections or cable, it has to be the tower. I have a GeForce 4 64 mb graphics card with a tv/out made by asus, a p4 1.6 gh, an asus motherboard, and windows xp professional. I cannot figure out what the problem is, if it is hardware, or if it is a software or BIOS problem. Can someone plz advise and help, I need a solution desperately. I think BIOS problems cannot be fixed, so i hope i wont need to get a new motherboard
Help...

Set it like the one you are useing to ask this ?
:eek:

Thanks splat, I will prob try this as soon as i get off this computer :S, and ya should have kept myself grounded (bathroom is to far away...). And to bluto, i dont really get what you mean... set it up like the working computer? how... im trying to set it up that way - so it works...

Well I am pretty green but I had this problem and had to put my power settings on 'never' shutdown, never go to standby, never on all the settings. I did go back and 'turn off monitor after 10 mins' but in your case I would use never..

Hi again
I will change my power saving settings, BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. Windows doesn't come up, even the setup screen with the memory checks and all doesn't come up. Nothing comes up
The screen acts like it is in standby (the orange light, or what ever your monitor does); it isn't getting a signal at all. To splat, i couldn't switch the video cards, because the second one doesn't fit.

I HAVE THE SAME THING.

the problems is i blew out my bios, as i was updating it, my computer restarted and now i have a dead computer. it starts up fine, just nothing displays and everything else seems to work. sorry to say this, but you will have to buy a new motherboard with a new bios, or try to replace it. but they arent that expensive, look around pricewatch and im sure you can find a good deal

I think that you are right; its probably the motherboard. I am going to have to replace it - Does anyone know what it will change (will the hard disk be wiped, will i have to re install windows, will my settings and configurations still be there, what will happen to my network, graphics, sound, etc...):mad:
Thx (sorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom