Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-35

• <36

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The X1600 is much lower on the performance scale than a X1900, Consider the X1600 as the budget card of the current generation of ATI cards, and shouldn't be compared to the X1900 in performance just because of the numbers.

Back to the subject.... The X1900 is a sweet card, but all the tests that I have seen put the 7900 on top for quite a few of them (but only by a little). One thing I noticed about nvidia is that its performance varies too much from game to game, I think ATI has overall great performance all the way through so in the end I choose:

ATI X1900XTX, plus the new 7900 will drive the price of it down!

If you want a single video card, get the X1900XTX

If you want dual video cards, go for the 7900GTX

It is my guess that the X1900XTX will be faster than the 7900GTX in UT2007 (and all unreal engine 3 games), because as we all know, it is going to be making heavy use of advanced shader effects, and the X1900XTX has 48 shader processing units.

Benchmarks show the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX, and benchmarks are all we have, so with $600 I would buy the 7900GTX.

However, in the real world, the X1900XTX is significantly cheaper than the 7900GTX, and the GTX is also out of stock. Thus, I would buy a X1900XTX if I HAD to have a videocard at this very moment. However, I got lucky and got one before the price raise and before they ran out of stock, so I'm happy.

Different benchmarks show different things. The truth is, they all use slightly different hardware, drivers and games, so they won't be all the same. From the ones I have looked at, in a single card setup, they are neck and neck, sometimes the XTX came out on top, sometimes the GTX. The differences in FPS were extremley small, all under 10. In a dual card setup, the 7900GTX clearly came out on top in most games (except for half life 2).

No way that an X1600XT has worse appearance when compared to a 9800XT.

Also, ATI's cards definitely have better image quality.

ATI concentrates more on AA and HDR and the more technical aspects, where as Nvidia concentrates on the bare minimum requirements for the technical aspects, but usually gains a few more FPS in gaming.

Nvidia cards cannot enable HDR and AA at the same time infact, while ATI's can. I believe that this explains why ATI's cards sometimes have lower FPS than Nvidia's.

I do find it annoying that ATI's cards tend to have louder fans and run hotter where as Nvidia's are typically silent (or so it seems) and seem to OC better most of the time.

003 said:
Different benchmarks show different things. The truth is, they all use slightly different hardware, drivers and games, so they won't be all the same. From the ones I have looked at, in a single card setup, they are neck and neck, sometimes the XTX came out on top, sometimes the GTX. The differences in FPS were extremley small, all under 10. In a dual card setup, the 7900GTX clearly came out on top in most games (except for half life 2).

I don't care much for the useless benchmarks. Of the 3 best Hardware sites (that reviewed the 7900s); Anandtech, HardOCP, and Guru3D, only one (Anandtech) showed the two cards neck-and-neck. HardOCP and Guru3D showed the 7900GTX beating the X1900XT 90% of the time.

No major benchmarks show the X1900XTX as being better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom