Can I Build this PC for less Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...at max? Lol. I don't mind the 1280x1024 resolution since I have AA and AF on. Haven't overclocked the 7900GTX yet though.

Green Radience said:
You've gotta be kidding me. The 7300GS is somewhere around the power of the FX series. That system is a bigger ripoff than Dell. I'm at school right now and when I get home, I'll design you a MUCH better PC, for less.

:p

I know it is. That's why I want to get the parts elsewere and build it.

I think I will go with the 3800+ and I'm looking for a 7900 but don't know if I can afford it....:(

I am considering the DFI Lanparty UT-D. Should I get a mobo with SLI for the future? I was thinking I could add another graphics card later rather than buying a new better one. Is that a good thought?

I have never overclocked before. How can I do this without frying everything? I don't want to spend all this money and have a fried CPU. :D How safe it overclocking the 3800+ ?

Thanks for all the replies! This is a big help. I'll be on again later tonight.

By saying 3800+, are you talking about the dual core one? Get either the AMD X2 3800 or the AMD opteron 165 if you wanna overclock a lot. That DFI board is very good, especially at OCing. OCing is pretty safe until you up the vcore. But you don't have to do that until you reach a high speed.

By saying 3800+, are you talking about the dual core one? Get either the AMD X2 3800 or the AMD opteron 165 if you wanna overclock a lot. That DFI board is very good, especially at OCing. OCing is pretty safe until you up the vcore. But you don't have to do that until you reach a high speed.

slick_tech15 said:

Yes. I am talking about the 3800+ Dual Core. What is the difference between that and the opteron?

How would I overclock this system to a safe level?

Thanks Green Radience. That looks great. I will not need the larger drive. I already have a 160Gig. Should I go for that fast 36Gig for gaming? Would it make that much of a difference in performance?

Also, would the 400W PS in this case be adequate?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133141

Thank you for all your advice!

-Nathan

Izzjess said:
RUN FROM CYBERPOWER OR IBUYPOWER!!!!!
B]

agreed. look online at resellerratings or another such site, both of these companies are notorious for having TERRIBLE customer support. i would just go with monarch ;)

Green Radience said:
Case: Thermaltake Tsunami - $104.

CPU: AMD Opteron 165 - $326.

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D - $108.

Memory: G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR500 - $185.

Videocard: Leadtek GeForce 7900GT - $309.

Hard Drive 1: Western Digital 36.7GB Raptor - $101.

Hard Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 250GB HDD - $86.

Optical Drive: BenQ CD/DVD burner - $35.

$1153.

Haha, maybe its not less than what you had designed. But for the exact same price, its sure as h3ll one of the best computers around.

Or you could drop the Raptor and just get a good fast $100 250 gb hard drive.

Then you could save some money on a PSU by getting this case http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140119

And with all the money you saved you can get a good X-Fi sound card.

This would probaly be about the same price as the comp in your original post but way better
:cool:

NeedAcpu said:
Or you could drop the Raptor and just get a good fast $100 250 gb hard drive.

Then you could save some money on a PSU by getting this case http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140119

And with all the money you saved you can get a good X-Fi sound card.

I think I have fallen in love with that Tsunami case.....:) It just looks soooooo good! Thanks for the suggestion.

What is the difference between the raptor and one like you are talking about?

Thanks!

rockeyman2 said:
Yes. I am talking about the 3800+ Dual Core. What is the difference between that and the opteron?

How would I overclock this system to a safe level?

Thanks Green Radience. That looks great. I will not need the larger drive. I already have a 160Gig. Should I go for that fast 36Gig for gaming? Would it make that much of a difference in performance?

Also, would the 400W PS in this case be adequate?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133141

Thank you for all your advice!

-Nathan

The 36GB Raptor will load stuff that is installed on it superfast. That means that if you install Windows on the Raptor, then your PC will boot up really fast. Same with games. Games that are installed on the Hard Drive will load their maps and stuff very fast. Since you don't need the 250GB HDD, and since I forgot a PSU, here's a good one;

Antec Truepower 2.0 550W.

The Opteron 165 is a 1.8GHz Dual Core processor, so at stock speeds, its slower than the X2 3800+. But the Opteron 165 is guaranteed (as much as one can guarantee a overclock) to overclock to atleast 2.6GHz, so you get a FX-60 for $326...The Athlon 64s and Socket 939 Opterons are the exact same processors, except that the Opterons are stressed better to ensure better stablility in operation, and they are binned, thus they overclock better.

PM me if you need overclocking guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom