MS word freezing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Haha, feels wierd to post here again, i dont usually see myself asking the questions, but I was hoping one of you might have an answer to this.

I have a very large portion of code (about 5000 lines) of java, that i converted to thml using java2html to get the color coding. Then, i open it up in frontpage, and select all the code from the preview window and copy it. Then i want to paste it in word, and this is where my problem occurs. Word seems to take a VERY long time to process all the code and just basically freezes there. Once the code eventually gets pasted, and i click anywhere in it, it freezes up again.

I use word 2003. I tried doing this at school on the shitty 2.4ghz computers there, and it works perfectly. It time i reinstall windows anyways, but any of you have an idea what is going on?

Thank,
William

You can try an Office repair from add/remove programs. I think its a long shot though.

Is it only with this file? What about Word Pad?

The java code at 1st in plain black and white, and its in a .doc file. That has no problem, i can copy and paste that all i want. The color coded version is a .html file. So i open it in frontpage. pasting code in any word processing that supports color has same problems (wordpad, ultra-edit) etc.

EDIT: il try the safe mode later, as i need to do some work first. But keep the ideas comming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom