LCD vs CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trifid said:
Dead pixels usually come with in the first month, so you may not have a dead pixel at the store but after a short period it may become dead/lazy.

12x10 is not too much for a modern single card, but you have to keep getting a modern card or you will be screwed, it is a comitment buying a LCD. Definatly the way to go if you are rich.

Hopefully one of these days cards surpass games far enough that 1280x1024 can become the standard like 1024x768 is now.

I have a 19 inch Acer LCD and it works great with games. If your only getting a 17 in LCD, i wouldn't worry about screen resolutions at all. Plus, pretty soon the only place you will be able to find a CRT monitor is at Computer Rennaissance or garage sales. I live in germany and I don't know of any elecronics store around here that carries them,.I don't know about stores like Best Buy or CompUSA though (since they don't have them here).

ace418 said:
I have a 19 inch Acer LCD and it works great with games. If your only getting a 17 in LCD, i wouldn't worry about screen resolutions at all. Plus, pretty soon the only place you will be able to find a CRT monitor is at Computer Rennaissance or garage sales. I live in germany and I don't know of any elecronics store around here that carries them,.I don't know about stores like Best Buy or CompUSA though (since they don't have them here).

No retail stores carry CRTs anymore. A few online sites still carry them.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Thats a lie, lots do still.

Not good ones, they still carry brands such as compaq and emachines to sell with PC bundles. Best Buy carries "Insignia" brand CRTs, but who wants them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom