Computer wont turn on after being assembled

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i sent it back and they're sending a new mobo.. so when i get it i'll let you all know if it worked or not. hopefully it will :)

Motherboard

What kind of tests are run on a motherboard to see if it is indeed inoperable? Is this something I can do with a good volt meter?

Just Curious. I am putting together a PC. I am waiting for the CPU right now. I installed everything according to the specs and have the motherboard seated properly in the case. I bought the motherboard off of E-Bay. I trust the seller and have no reason to believe the board is bad. I have just been sitting on it for so long now and it will be finshed on Tuesday.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Here is the setup.
ASUS A7V8X, VIA KT 400
AMD XP2400
Kingston 512MB PC2700 266, 333

I guess if ya knew the Output power configs ya might test them with a meter, I never took it that far. Maybe the Manufactuer has a Utility for that. I do know that it's easier to mount the CPU/Heatsink with the Mobo Outside the Case.;)

PS. Be careful with E-Bay, Beside getting ripped off(Maybe) I heard they were notorious for selling your E-Mail address to 3rd parties!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom