Zalman CNPS9500 vs Thermaltake Blue Orb II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why would he not want it? LEDs and other lights look stupid, I got an aftermarket chipset cooler and it had a blue LED in the fan, so I broke off one of the SMD resistors so the led wouldn't come on. When it comes to cooling, it would seem you should get what cools the best, not what you think looks the best, especially if you are overclocking. BTW, the blue orb 2 sucks, and is beaten pretty badly by the 9500, bigtyphoon and the ninja.

003 said:
And why would he not want it? LEDs and other lights look stupid, I got an aftermarket chipset cooler and it had a blue LED in the fan, so I broke off one of the SMD resistors so the led wouldn't come on. When it comes to cooling, it would seem you should get what cools the best, not what you think looks the best, especially if you are overclocking. BTW, the blue orb 2 sucks, and is beaten pretty badly by the 9500, bigtyphoon and the ninja.

Yea i know, but that's cooling wise...

i agree with 003 i dont like led's that much if i get something with leds i want an on/off switch so when i dont want a big light coming from my case i can shut it off.

and i've already had a fight over which is better the big typhoon or the 9500 and yes the big typhoon is better. Period.

Is there a significant advantage to the heat pipe design rather than the blue orb's design? I am also looking for a new CPU cooler and the blue orb is one that I am looking at but if the heat pipes are better i will probably go with the Big Typhoon.

Dr Nick said:
Is there a significant advantage to the heat pipe design rather than the blue orb's design? I am also looking for a new CPU cooler and the blue orb is one that I am looking at but if the heat pipes are better i will probably go with the Big Typhoon.
Ahh, yes. Look for reviews comparing them, the blue orb is a POS. If you really want LEDs, you can replace the fan on the bigtyphoon with one that has a LED.

Any HS with a SOLID heat pipe design will do the job just fine.

I.E - TT TYPHOON, ZALMAN 9500, SCYTHE NINJA

It's just a matter for personal preference at this point.
I think the 9500 looks the best. (BTW) the led isn't that bright.

espeed said:
I use the 9500 and i idle in the sub 20's
No, you don't. Not even at stock speed would you get tempatures like that. Not to mention you are running at 250x10 with 1.55v. It is simply not possible to get temps like that with air, unless you have freezer-chilled air or something. If your temps are being reported that low, they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom