9800 pro 128 DDR or 256 DDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 9800 Pro with 128 in this machine, and it's spewing out framerates my monitor can't refresh so I think the 256 is a colossal waste of money at this point in time.

ohcireJ said:
I've got a 9800 Pro with 128 in this machine, and it's spewing out framerates my monitor can't refresh so I think the 256 is a colossal waste of money at this point in time.

yea but its only like $10 Difference over here in australia so its not much of a waste of money

I have the same question. I'm planning on building a new rig. do you think the 128mb will last for like 2 years at least with all the new serious games coming out like HL2 and Doom 3? I want something that'll last couple years at least. so is the 256mb worth it , or even the radeon xt? or is that still overkill?

Yound, you should atleast read the posts before you post. I wouldn't go past a pro 128. That's all there is needed to be told. XT's and 256's won't be able to use there full purpose for a good while. So save your money and get the pro 128.

welllllll, i got a 9600 pro and i like it. Im still using it and ive had it for around a year now. Maybe alittle more. Its still working good. I think you should go witht he 9800 XT. It looks good and sounds good too.

i just got a saphire 9800pro 128 and love it...i am scoring 45500 in aquamark and scored a 19580 in 3dmark01 and 6560 in 3dmark03 so i have to agree this card rocks....i have heard the same in several other forums concering the 256 being a waste for the time being.

Cause in 2 month's 16 and 12 pipe cards will be out and god know's how much memory they will have.Video card's up grade faster then the games that use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom