CPU voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keadonen

In Runtime
CPU voltage=1.968..cannot find where to change it

what is a normal voltage for a prescott intel p4 2.8ghz not oced?

(mine is at almost 2volts 1.968)

i dunno ive never really looked at it. how do i turn it down and what should i turn it down to thanks for telling me i knew it seemed kinda high :)

I don't know much about intels but for mine you shouldn't go higher then 1.6. So i'd imagine that's a little high, how high is the cpu temp?

WTF! 1.968?? That is NOT normal. Prescott is susposed to be 1.4v. If you keep it at that voltage, it will die.

my temp is 48-49 and i cant find anything that will let me change the voltage and some stuff it wont allow me to change (especially the cpu settings)

oh and also i have the side of my case off.

Go into the BIOS, it will be under advanced chipset features or jumperless options (or a name similar.)

oh and btw....its has hyper threading, would that change anything :eek: hope not it'll make me feel like an idiot for not telling you from the start :|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i have no option like the ones you just mentioned :confused:

uh oh...now cpu-z wont even tell me how many volts are going into my cpu and neither will my bios (as i previously mentioned) any ideas now
:eek:

am i in the right forum for this topic? cuase i will repost where i have a bette chance of getting help :) (im not a fan of frying my processor :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom