[Help] building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdjap

Beta member
Hai there,

I need a help in building my new computer system. Should I pick up AMD or Intel? Heard AMD has beaten Intel in performance and speed? Can anyone confirm that ? In what case I should considering on choosing Intel?

The other thing is the motherboard, I noticed that not all of 939 socket motherboard support dual core, and I heard someone saying about BIOS flash. Could I solved the problem with that or only apply on certain type of mobo? what is bios flash ? How to do it?

Next one would be graphic card, I am goin for PCI express so wonder should I choose ATI or Nvidia chipset? What is the pro and cons for each of them?

cheers,

AMD is currently leaps and bounds ahead of Intel, especially in gaming.

dual cores i reccomend:
Athlon X2 3800+ Manchester
Athlon X2 4400+ Toledo
Opteron 165

the opteron 165 will only be good if you would be interested in overclocking. BIOS flashing is re-writing the data on a chip on the motherboard. the BIOS Basic In Out System interfaces with pretty much everything on the motherboard.

motherboards:
DFI NF4 LanParty Ultra-D
DFI NF4 LanParty SLI-D

i suggest nVIDIA. look at the 7900 series. i think you should repost this in the building/buying section of the forum and you will get more responses.

I agree with everything nitestick said. Either get a 7900 gt or a 6800 gs, depending on what kind of money you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom