Graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMatt

Beta member
Hello, im new here.

And I was wondering if anyone could help me slight problem.
I just got a new ATI RX9600 graphics card. (not sure how old this particular model is). it

works fine until I have played a game such as "Conflict Global Storm" for bout 30mins, then

alot of objects such as characters, cars, guns, scenery etc will vanish. sometimes it will

display half or part of an object.

Its become more persistant as I used to be able to play for 3-5hrs until the computer

mysteriously resets itself.

I'm thinking that the card itself is the problem because my old card worked fine. (my comp

could be on for more than 24hrs)

It only seems to happen in 3d games, red alert 2 etc work just fine. (sometimes resets

though)

Im thinking it might be an overheating problem.

1: Is this a regular occurance with this model card or did i get a faulty card?

2: Is there a way to fix it without replacing the card?

3: Am I better off getting a new card?

thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with my old saphire ati radeon 700x. The only thing was that my computer was under warrenty, so i got a new card :)

I would check for dust.

My PSu is an ANTEC smartblue 350W.

I changed my graphics settings to the lowest possible. it reset only once so far. but the games look worser than my old card. besides the settings I used in my games were set up for my old card which played fine, but didnt look the best. My old card was an ATI RADEON 9550 128MB.

The people at the store where I bought the card told me that it was fine, but they only tested it on 3dmark03, and then gave it back saying that it wasn't overheating. But in my comp here with the side of the case off, i can feel a radiance of heat, more so than you would think the card should be.

Does anyone have a program to test the temperature in Celsius?

P.S. its stil under warranty, should I try an get them to replace it? they didn't want to before (giving excuses).

What should I do?

I am in a similar situation to you atm MadMatt, and I have taken my card back, its a 7800 GS, the store ( Gamedude ) has it and as they say are 'testing' it... they rekon in a couple of days they will "have another card ready" - so i guess mine is being replaced.

all this to cut it short, your card is still in warranty, so my suggestion to you is to take the card back ASAP, I would tell them that it is NOT 3dmark03 now it 3dmark06, and it is not performing as it should be in most games. Get it switched for a new one mate.
I am assuming that if your card has a power jack on it that you have connected it to your PSU..
also, that you have removed your previous drivers, and installed the newer required ones.
Lots of people talk of a temperature monitoring tool for Ati cards to download called ATItool get it here -

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=725
goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom