4 of 4 DVDs Failed: Whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill need some screenshots & the nero log to figure it out,
goto start-->run-->sysdm.cpl-->hardware-->device manager expand "ide ata/atapi controllers" double click each ide channel (one at a time) and take screenshots of the "advanced settings" tab , run nero infotool and take a screenshot of the "configuration" tab, goto the nero folder and open NeroHistory.log with notepad and copy & paste the last 3 burn logs (the serial is in it aswell , dont include it)

dma settings looks good , the nero version your using is incredibly old get the latest nero6 version 6.6.1.4 or upgrade to 7 (will cost ya) ,
your tryin to write to 16x dvd-r media at 2x/6x its not optimized for those low speeds , try 16x/12x/8x you just might get lucky , otherwise i'd say the burner dislikes the media in that case just buy taiyo yuden as ive alredy suggested^

btw you can put more then 1 image on a reply you just need to use a image hosting site like http://www.imgspot.com , and i meant youll copy & paste the text could have been faster for to me to analyze it but that doesnt matter anymore

My RMA ends in like 8 days or so. I hope I have time to try dif. media and dif. software.

Also, I did try 16x and 8x. Both failed.

Hey guys. I got new software and new Sony DVD+Rs. I am still getting a File Verification error and Burn error, as well as the drive not reading the newly completed DVDs. My RMA is already way way up. What do I do?

I hope I can bump this. I don't know what else to do here. The computer is a Dell Dimension 4600 btw.

set the nec to master and the cd burner to slave , if that wont help then provide the latest nero logs.. and ill get it checked , could still be the media , also might be a faulty ide cable try another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom