Loss of Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_hacker

In Runtime
I just had a loss of sound all of the sudden. It was working last week but i didnt notice the sound being absent until this morning. I checked all the cables and i made sure that the sound on the speakers was turned up. I went in and checked all the sound properties too, to make sure that nothing was muted. Everything looks fine, but i just can pinpoint the problem. I don't know if the problem exists in the hardware or if its a software problem. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: this problem is not on the computer listed in my sig.

or if that doesnt work or u recently installed something else, either rollback the driver or unistall anything new

Also try going into your control panel and going to the sounds tab. Make sure everything is set accordingly.

Edit* Never mind re read it and saw you did that.

check ur bios.... if u use onboard sound, it could have been turned off

ur motherboard (assuming u have onboard sound) maybe wearing out

ur speakers or headphones could have busted
(wonder how both left and right stopped working at the same time)

Drivers...

Also see if it works with games... my sound doesnt work with online games and online but it works with everything else...

I had the same problem. I have a Soundblaster PCI card and a built in card. All of the sudden neither would work. I checked all the settings, reinstalled drivers, tested using dxdiag, switched PCI slots, used System Restore and even did a repair installation of XP. None of them worked.

I had to format and start over. All was well then a couple of weeks later my Soundblaster went out but my onboard is still working. I still dont know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom