Just the asthetics, need a case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3ent

Beta member
Alright I have all the specs completly down and packed for the rest of my pc, and am ready to order. The one thing that I am hesitant on is the case. Had one picked out, but am rethinking my choice. Ive looked em over, and im willing to spend the money on any of them, if its worth it. The ones ive brought it down to are...

The NZXT Lexa here
at $125

The Lian-LI 65B here
at $125

And the Centurion5 here
at a bargain $55 ;)

So, this is really what I have it down to. The Centurion was my original choice, but ive come across the assets to splurge on what I really wanted, so Ive opened myself up to these other cases. I know all three of these cases are solid and reputable rigs, unless someone else here has a different opinion. I might still go with the centurion since it still looks like a great case. Ive looked over the Aurora, Stacker, and a few others, but it just didnt fit with what im looking for. I know it might just be down to asthetics, but Id really like an opinion on this, or a suggestion of another case I might have missed thats worth considering, no more then around the 130 mark. Thanks :D

Any other opinions? I know it can be trivial but im at a standstill until I completly make up my mind ><

I have the thermaltake tsunami its a great case and comes with 3 fans already fitted (one led) . Its aluminium so is quite light and very cool inside.

i have the tsunami as well... love it although mounting the psu was kind of awkward. the way its laid out, its really easy to hide cables behind the hdd bays.. i love it :D

I just finished a build that used the Centurion 5 and it is a great budget case. Great price but also great quality. If you are short on cash the Centurion 5 is more than enough.

Well, i've worked with the Cooler Master Centurion 5 & Stacker, Lian-Li - 60B & 65B & 767 & 6070B & V1000BPlusII, Antec P180 & Sonata, Thermaltake Shark & Tsunami.

I've never worked with NZXT so i can't comment, but I think they are ugly... too much going on.

My opinion?
Lian-Li has the best construction & design hands down.
(Doesn't always look cool, but is WELL made.

Antec good construction & decent design depending on model
(Some look cool, most don't)

ThermalTake good design, great construction & design
(Most look cool)

Cooler master decent construction & design
(Ok, looks... great value)

go with the Lian-Li case hands down if you have the money. the construction and quality is the best you will find in any case, although they usually don't look that great. if you REALLY care more for looks, go with thermaltake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom