Banned
I want to do a basic upgrade for my PC.

My current specs are:

Intel Celeron D 330
768 MB DDR-RAM
40 GB HD
Intel Integrated Video 64MB
LG 16X DVD-RW

My last upgrade was the DVD-RW and 512 MB RAM, and that was a really big improvement.

I am looking for something really basic, like a new network card, pheripheral, or a used video card.

Any ideas? My budget is $50

P.S. - Dont tell me to upgrade memory, cause i have enough right now.

i dont play any games, look at my processor :p

however, i do surf the internet ALOT, and i dont know if integrated NIC is as good as PCI ethernet, any comments on that?

Also, is a wireless mouse really worth it?

my friend has a wireless mouse... there just heavier. I'd prefer a regular mouse, besides you arent gonna get tangled in it unless your reallyxcore gamer that goes ape$hit on your comp (which you obviouly dont) :)

i just want a good responsive mouse.

I just bought a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse 2 weeks ago, is that going to be okay?

Is there a big difference between onboard and PCI ethernet? My internet is fast right now, would PCI make it better?

You will not notice the difference between integrated network card and a PCI one - I have a spare PCI network card and still use integrated.

There will not be any point in a graphics card then. How about a nice keyboard and mouse? Wireless will be good for this sort of task as you will not notice the very slight delay between you moving the mouse and it happening on screen. I like my MX518 - it is very comfortable. The wireless version is the MX1000.

in canada those go for more than $50.

no point in upgrading it if it doesn't need to be upgraded. i'm sure you have better use for your money.

$70, hmmm...

How about a window kit and a cathode, burrow a dremel/jigsaw off a friend if you don't have one so this way it gets you inside your PC, and will make it look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom