Software to block websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have a ton of websites blocked through my firewall settings here at work. Problem is we have 6 laptops that I need to be able to block "certain" websites on. I'm sick and tired of removing preventable spy-ware and viruses from these pervs machines. Anybody know of a good software that I can install on these and block websites?

Thanks,

Andy

You technically don't need "Software" to do this. Windows will do this for you.

Tools/Internet Options/Security Tab - Restricted Sites.

Once you set the sites with an Adminsitrative account, normal user accounts will not be able to delete these entries.

bradybnmci said:
You technically don't need "Software" to do this. Windows will do this for you.

Tools/Internet Options/Security Tab - Restricted Sites.

Once you set the sites with an Adminsitrative account, normal user accounts will not be able to delete these entries.

This doesnt really block the websites though simply prevents it from loading active X content. You could always use that retarded content advisor and set an admin password :)

Do a google search for web sence. Thats what they use at my school. If they are smart though they can get around it. It works though half the kids in my school are not really smart enough to figure out how to get around it.

Problem is that most good spyware authors understand IE's capabilities in this matter and have built into their creations the ability to disable this feature theby being able to install their software no matter what IE has to say about it. Remember IE is not stable and not secure and never will be either.

Personally I recommend using a anti-spyware software one per client. There are several good freeware software that will do this in real time preventing spyware from installing. Although, Adware SE says right up front that it does not do the real time scanning.

I don't want them to even be able to pull the sites up. These are work laptop's not toys for their children to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom