I seek wisdom about CPU cooling fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaximusNukeage said:
is the delta compatible with the MOBO CPU fan controller connector??

Delta fans draw a lot of current, mine draws 15 times more current than the stock fan and it actually comes with a warning not to connect it to your motherboard as you will burn out the fan header.

Joshd said:
well..... i'd just max it and turn the music up, lol.

i take it you max it when gaming etc?

Its hard to appreciate how loud one of these is until you get one, I tried maxing it for about 1/2hr whilst gaming and I ended up with a headache.
I like good cooling but I also like to be able to hear myslef speak on the phone etc :)

my overclock was AMD 64 3700+ to fsb: 240 Multiplier: 10 and v core ~ 1.36 but I was having problems with slow memory. so I changed that to FSB: 210 and Multiplier: 11.

Lord AnthraX said:
How hard is it to install the Big Typhoon....is it like the CNPS9500 that needs a backplate under the motherboard....god thats so ****ing annoying...

haha... The ASUS A8N32 SLi Deluxe comes with the back plate already... so my 9500LED installation was a snap...

and about that wire management... phew... wow...
<Takes a breath>

I have the same PSU and I spent 5 hours wire sleeving it to make it absolutely perfect. "In retrospect, it was well worth it." I'll be posting my pics as soon as I get my hands on my 7900GTX. Then she shall be complete...

HAVOC2k5 said:
haha... The ASUS A8N32 SLi Deluxe comes with the back plate already... so my 9500LED installation was a snap...

and about that wire management... phew... wow...
<Takes a breath>

I have the same PSU and I spent 5 hours wire sleeving it to make it absolutely perfect. "In retrospect, it was well worth it." I'll be posting my pics as soon as I get my hands on my 7900GTX. Then she shall be complete...

Look forward to some pics....what the best stuff for sleeving?, i havent found anything small enough for little wires.....i dont like that thick green /seethrough crap....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom