U have to know this

Status
Not open for further replies.

adem

Baseband Member
Hi i have a problem with the windows checkdisk,
when i run it this command while in windows (in cmd)
it shows no errors but when i restart the system the check disk screen apeares (the blue one countin down from ten )
and when arives at 25% it generates an error about a ccuster error it sas that it is repared and restarts the system and every time like this.
I formated the drive instaled frash copy of the OS (windows XP pro) but again the same error (but know apearing when the checkdisk arives at 58%)

Help Please

It sounds as if you hard drive has an error on it htat the chkdsk is finding. It is having trouble either writing over that area or fixing the problem. Try another HDD as this one might has some issues and could fail down the line.

I thought the same but i just bought this laptop, 1 month ago
Dell inspiron 6000d
with Samsung HDD 40GB

Well if you just bought it get a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and send it back and have Dell replace the HDD before it fails.

Not all new hardware is perfect and flawless. I have bought 2 HDD that were dead out of the package.

I would send it back. Ive seen plenty of new hardware fail. With hard drives they can last forever or die right from the start. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom