Possible Driver Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Whenever I am using a program such as Word, Excel, etc., and go to "Open File" the program freezes when I hit the arrow for the drop down menu to select a file location. I can't figure out why it's doing this but it's annoying and I'd like for it to stop. Any ideas? By the way, here is a pic to clarify what I'm trying to say.

Thank you for the help.

wow... that could be a lot of problems. so its only with MS Office eh? hmm. have u tried reinstalling etc. if that didnt work maybe its a problem with the harddrive or XP has a conflict with that copy of office. although that would be really odd. was it bootlegged or bought?

It's Office XP Professional. I tried downloading the Office XP update and I got an error message saying "The expected version was not found on your system". It was really odd.

I just uninstalled and re-installed Office, and still no luck. The only other thing is that the other day I was using Excel and accidentally removed my USB drive without going through the "Safely Remove Hardware" deal. Could that be part of it?

have u tried putting the usb back in and seeing if that works ?? if it does make sure u use the safely remove hardware and try it again without the usb in

Umm.... looks like its hardware problems.. get some newer drivers

Or it could just b an error, i dont think u could fix that if it has to do with XP, unless u could reinstall xp or install a different Xp on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom