My Computer keeps restarting HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusNukeage

In Runtime
Every few (10 ~25) minutes my computer just restarts I don't know why. I've overclocked my AMD 64 3700+ to 2.4ghz and a fsb multiplier of 10x (the defualt is 11x) the CPU temp doesn't get too high either. HELP! I don't know whats going wrong.

I probably should add the computer had been running fine for a couple of weeks while OCed. and just after I posted this the rate of system restarts accelerated. and if I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and explorer was using up 99 percent of the processor with nothing going on. the the system froze. I am only able to post this because I reset my processor to default speed. can any one help me with this?

also, try this if you are using windows XP,

*right click on my computer select properties
*Click on the Advanced tab
*click the SETTINGS button where it says "Startup and Recovery"
*in the new window, you will see a title "System failure" UNTICK the option Automatically restart.
*Click OK, then OK again.

I have an antec 430w power supply.
I think It must be my memory, I havent run memtest (my MOBO is an ASUS) but the default memory clock is 166mhz (it's really old) and I hadn't overclocked it. so I changed my fsb to 210, my multiplier to 11 and my memclock to 183mhz to see if that will work better. it hasnt crashed *so far*

any other advice?

I have just over clocked my memory to 200mhz from 166mhz and i ran memtest for an hour and 11 minutes and there were no errors. so I'm gonna see how stable it is and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom