Windows so slow!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindog

Baseband Member
When I attempt to get on the internet with MSN, it takes a good 5 minutes to sign in:( I have 1 gig of ram so I am pretty quick switching programs, but something is definatley slowing my speed. I've recently defragged but that doesn't help. The only thing I can think of is that my antivirus software must be affecting it. I'm using Trend Micro and am satisfied with it, can this be causing the problem? I've given up with the task manager, I have 37 different processes running and not sure about what 75% of what it is doing. Any suggestions?

Sounds like Spyware to me. I have seen millions of people just like you describing the identical symptoms when the problem turns out to be spware. My recoommendaitons:

1) try Adware SE, to clean out the spyware.
2) Find another spyware scanner with real time scaning (have not found a suitable free software yet to do this job).

jbc said:
Sounds like Spyware to me. I have seen millions of people just like you describing the identical symptoms when the problem turns out to be spware. My recoommendaitons:

1) try Adware SE, to clean out the spyware.
2) Find another spyware scanner with real time scaning (have not found a suitable free software yet to do this job).

you can immunize with spybot search and destroy, but thats not really real time scanning.

i use adaware, s s&d, my antivirus program, and ccleaner weakly. ccleaner is a great program to clean out your computer, get it by searcihng ccleaner in google.

Thanks Guys!!

I reinstalled adaware and I had 17 files that were identified. I've cleaned them. I will let you know what it does to the performance of my computer.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom