Please Help Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i remember that thread. they were arguing and stuff...

do all the slots in your comp look the same? or is there one slot that looks different from the other 2 or 3?

Expansion Slot(s)
PCIEX16 : PCIe 32-bit +3.3V Shared PME Half-Length Available
PCI1 (1h) : PCI 32-bit +3.3V Shared PME Half-Length Available
PCI2 (2h) : PCI 32-bit +3.3V Shared PME Half-Length Used (Hewlett-Packard Company 82915G/GV/GL, 82910GL Integrated Graphics Device)
PCI3/PCIEX1 (3h) : PCI 32-bit +3.3V Shared PME Half-Length Available

judging by the info you gave, i concur with the other guys, it seems like you do have a pci-express slot..

who knows tho.. maybe the integrated graphics are running on pci-express..? no idea.. just let us know if all your slots look the same, or if there is one that looks different.

Ok i just opened my computer! There are 3 white slots and up the three slots its a little space with lots of dots and 2 holes on each side!
Down the dots it sez PCIE x16!
Is there supposed to be a slot in there? thats were the pci e slot must go?
What can i do to get that port??

lol wait, what? where there's supposed to be a pci-express16 slot there's actually nothing? i don't think you can "put" a slot in your motherboard... looks like you'll have to return your vid card..

although someone else should maybe answer since i'm not an expert in this.

good luck.

oh god hmmm ok ill explain again!
Ok those white things were all the cards are supposed to go i think the slots.
Ok i have 3 white thingies that are like ports or dunno what to insert the video card
up those 3 white thingies theres a place where you can insert one of those thingies to use the pci e slot!
why?? cause i can see that it clearly ses down those 2 holes PCI-E 16X
God im such a noob

it can be because my motherboard has 2 versions .... one with the pci and one with the pci-e

EsTeBaNo said:
oh god hmmm ok ill explain again!
Ok those white things were all the cards are supposed to go i think the slots.
Ok i have 3 white thingies that are like ports or dunno what to insert the video card
up those 3 white thingies theres a place where you can insert one of those thingies to use the pci e slot!
why?? cause i can see that it clearly ses down those 2 holes PCI-E 16X
God im such a noob

dude you've confused me even more. take a picture or something, hehe

All PCI slots look the same, a PCI card would work but not desired if other means available. The PCI-e slot would be offset from the pci slots. I didn't read the other thread, so won't go into that. Like said above, post a pic.

the thing is with pci cards and whatnot is that they really only fit in the slots that they are supposed to. If it doesn't in any of the slots then, its not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom