Ram -- OCZ Titanium 1GB 184-Pin (2) -- 229.91

Harddrive -- Maxtor120gb 1x Maxtor 250gb 1x -- Owned allready

CPU -- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester --355.00

Graphics -- AOpen Geforce 6800GT -- 255

Sound -- Onboard -- 0

CD Storage -- CDR 1x CDRW 1x DVDRW 1x -- Owned allready

Case/power -- Antec LifeStyle SONATA II -- 94.99

Total --- 1069.00

I plan on building a new computer but I want to use the optical drives and hard drives that I have in my current computer. What I want to know is if itÂ’s possible to install all this new hardware without formatting my hard drives. If it is possible, could someone tell me how to go about doing this? If not possible, could you tell me why? All comments on my chosen components are welcome, thx guys. IÂ’m running windows XP professional on one hard drive and fedora core 5 on the other, using Grub as the boot loader.

IMO.......I think Windows will squak at you more than likely. Just reformat and save yourself trouble.

it wont work because when you install windows it looks at your hardware config and unless you have the same exact hardware as your old computer it will go "WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON" and not boot. as for your HDD, i would recommend a western digital... and maybe a eVGA vid card instead of AOPEN

Ok some minor changes IMO. Don't get a 4200, you can always get a 3800+ and overclock it the extra 200MHz. Dont get the EPOX board and do you really need SLI? You can always get an MSI K8N Neo4-F the MSI K8N Diamond Plus. Maxtor is a crappy brand IMO. Ram looks good. As for a video card you should go for an e-VGA 6800GS, cheaper than a 6800GT and preformes very closely at stock speeds and beats it overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom