which OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
Ok im currently in the stage of building my new comp, an dim not sure what os im gonna get, could someone help me out?

I dont really want XP because i have it on this pc and i dont really like it.

2000 Pro seems to..... professional

I see everyone sayin Windows ME well...sux

im going to be just gaming so im not really sure

Why donÂ’t you like XP? I am not a great fan of any Windows OS, but 2000 Pro and XP Pro are both pretty stable operating systems. I have XP Pro as a boot option on this PC and am quite impressed.

ME is definitely a lemon, steer clear, and for games, most games are still built to run using windows functions and drivers, so Linux or other Unix OS are not a good choice.

Stick with XP, itÂ’s the best option for gaming I think.

Yes for sure you want windows 2000+ do not go below that...

ME=the devil

I would reccomend XP Pro..Its freakin awesome. Most stable OS ever! I havent rebooted my windows XP pro machine in over 4 months!! lol...something I cant say about our Macs at work *rolls eyes*... If you like that classic windows look you can change XP to look and feel exatly like Windows 98 :)

I would stay with windows XP i have it on mine machine and I have had it on for like 6 months now with out rebooting

WIN 95!!! MINESWEEPER..... i would say 98 if you really don't want xp. however there is no reason xp should be off your list. but i mean hey its your computer and ur gunna be using it. my vote is for XP or 98

Yashar, does this not put you off 98?

winblowz.jpg

well eagle that stuff never happens to my computer.... and by the way i said XP..... its not like i excluded it or anything.

It was a joke Yashar, no need to get all upset, lol. The Blue Screen Of Death is a symbol of earlier Microsoft products.

I remember that...I used to get it increasingly more often as my computer got more and more bogged down. I have actually had the kernal panic in XP several times...but it restarts itself so quickly the text is hard to read. It is still blue though...:p

qiranworms said:
I have actually had the kernal panic in XP several times...but it restarts itself so quickly the text is hard to read. It is still blue though...:p

Really? I only run XP for about half of my PC up-time, but have never had a lock up or anything, it pains me to say it, but it looks like MS got it right with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom