First Build, Please Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7insins

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently came across some money and would like a little help on my first build, I've always wanted to build a computer and now that I finally have some money it's going to happen. So if you could just skim through and make sure everything is compatible and maybe give me some suggestions it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Update:

DFI LanPARTY SLI-DR Expert
AMD Opteron 165
Fortron Source 600w
eVGA 7900GT
G.Skill Extreme Series DDR500
2xWestern Digital SE16 250GB
ViewSonic VX922
NEC 3550A Optical
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Zalman VF700
Logitech Z-5500
Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Razer Copperhead
SteelPad S&S
Thermaltake Hardcano 13

i havent looked through all those links cos im on my psp and it would take ages but for a case hav a look at the thermaltake tsunami. i hav this case and its great. go to thermaltake's website and check it out.

It'd be easier to throw suggestions out there if you told us how much you are willing to spend on your computer.

I thought it would be obvious that there wasn't much of a budget, but yeah, around 3K. And i just want to know if it's all compatible and for part suggestions.

ok first off to save your butt some money you do not need i repeat do not need a 150 gig raptor but if you want a raptor get a smaller one and raid it with a larger storage drive second of all you dont need a gaming keyboard you will need a gaming mouse but the 15 dollar keyboards perform just as good as the expensive ones also save some money and go with the opteron 165 instead of the 170 you can OC the diffrence extremely easily and with the money you will save you can get yourself a better gpu and wait for the g80s and then sell your better gpu

well first off.. do you know how to oc? then if not ima say go with the 4800 dualie games will be using that whit their new mutli core scripts.....

That looks like a nice build! All works together, no problems. Nice processor choice, youll be able to OC that thing a lot

Awesome, thanks for all the replies.

I thought I would go with the 170 because it was only $70 more, I have never OC'd but I've read guides and it doesn't look too tough, that's why I'm getting the DDR500 RAM.

I was going to get the G15 because of that nice looking LCD it has, but now I'm not so sure.

For a case I was thinking The Thermaltake Tsunami or the Lian Li PC65 HL2 Modded. - http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=893&prevaction=category&previd=3&prevstart=0

Any objections?

And if anyone owns the Hardcano here can you tell me how it is working for you?

Would Raiding 2x250GB Western Digital 16MB Cache Drives be faster than a raptor? And how do you do RAID, do you confugure it with the motherboard? Sorry for not knowing much about it.

Thanks again.

:eek:

the mother board you buy comes with a floppy disk and instructions on how to raid the hdd's are in the manual and if you want the fasted raid make sure to configure them in raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom