burnt out my dvd rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
ya so i burnt out my lite-on dvd rom. i was sleeving my cables and took the molex connectors out (completely forgot order or wirres) things got mixed up but i didnt realize it. when i put everything back together it burnt out my dvd rom.

the cable coming from my ps is one with 2 molex connectors and a smaller 4 pin adapter, i mixed up the wires on the second conn. and was wondering a) which wires i mixed up and b) how can i tell what wires to switch.... c) how can i test it to make sure it works before burning out another dvd rom?

if u could leave colors/with orientaion of the plugs that be great if not oh well im the idiot who fried it, thanks in advance

that sucks, burning out the DVD-ROM.

I did that as well, except mine was made in Dec 99, but im going to buy a DVD/CD-RW drive, to go with my current DVD-RW.

how coul i check if the wiring is good? would it fry it if the black wires were switched as well?... ps nitestick you are going to love the 7800gt

haha this is funny, I just now found the lite-on that I got 2 years ago

it burnt out a while ago when I forgot to take off the power cable, thus frying the mofo. so today I took it and played some baseball with it :p. any ways a new dvd rom was only like 40$ any ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom