case layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
so anyways im geeting closer to making my own case, i got so many desings and options its tought choosing the riught thing, anywho i was wondering what your opiniuns are for the best interior layout, not just toi make it more tidy but to aid in cooling and initally putting it together, ive seen some cases with the psu at the bottom, and the hdds in sideways ect, but i wanna know your thoughts?

also say the case was raised off the ground, and didnt have a bottom pannel, would this be sesible, i mean it would aid the cooling right, and ya wouldnt get dust in there?

not sure about the rest but having nothing at the bottom of the case wouldnt really help. you want the hot air out of the, heat rises so it would be better having no top to the case.

well yes, hot air rises, so it would draw air up through the system. i dont see what is wrong with and intake and exhaust fan, but if you want to do it, do it. :)

ok, thanks, i only want to do what will benifit the most, i was just thinking of no bottom cos then all the air would go quicly instead of building up. anywho sugest ideas that you have that you think would aid in case cooling, or would be an advante of any sort, thanks

i did suggest havin no top panel but might look a lttle weird. could put a pattern of holes around the case for cooling

This is more about looks, creat a gap between where the motherboard rests of the case and the actual bacj panel so you have a place to hid all of your cables.

Also, this is just and idea, create a little cubbard on the bottom where the power/reset/usb cords go to so they can be hidden as well.

have a 120mm intake fan on the front, and then a 120mm exhaust on the back, and a 80/120mm exhaust on the top.

cool thanks chaps, i like the idea of hiding the cables behind the mobo, the fan layout is important and i defanly want a fan on top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom