Surge Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbc

Banned
Here are the four brands of surge protectors I have a choice of. Which is the best of the four?

Belkin
Compusessory
Fellows
Triplight

Not much of an idea...but odds are, they're probably all from China, just stamped with the company name... And odds are, same warranty/"$100K guarantee"... My bet: no difference.

jbc said:
Here are the four brands of surge protectors I have a choice of. Which is the best of the four?

Belkin
Compusessory
Fellows
Triplight
Fellows, first, since they've been around a lot longer in the electronics industry. Belkin second, simply because they're more common in stores.

Personally, I don't care who makes the protector. As long as it has the features I want, the ability to handle the power, and a good guarantee. Always go for a surge protector that comes from a company that will cover your losses if their protector blows up and fries your stuff.

And remember the rule of thumb with protection devices: "Cost means nothing."

A cheap surge protector connected to an expensive computer, is an idiotic sin.

ive got a Belkin 6 socket jobbie lastweek, its got 4 normal sockets and 2 that can swivel and 2 connections for a phone and broadband and it covers me for up to £100,000, not sure what that is in $ but let me tell you its ALOT!:D

jonny_uk said:
ive got a Belkin 6 socket jobbie lastweek, its got 4 normal sockets and 2 that can swivel and 2 connections for a phone and broadband and it covers me for up to £100,000, not sure what that is in $ but let me tell you its ALOT!:D
Just remember that the coverage only counts if the damaged devices were connected directly to the surge protector. You can't use an extension cable or second surge protector in-line with this one.

I have a Belkin surge protector, but I've read some good reviews for Fellowes products (but not specifically their surge protectors). I just know that their products generally have a really good name if that helps. :confused:

Is this not the windows forum? Just a reminder though...a surge protector is useless unless all of the other incoming connections are protected as well. A staggering 70% of all electronic damage to computers comes through network/modem.

this is already been posted, 3 pages actually :D

personally, any cheap basic surge protector will work, as long as its new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom