My story, trying to find a 7900gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
ok started like two, three weeks ago, when they just came out(previously wanted a 6800gs), I had about 200 so i needed to sell something, so i sold my ipod video.
now when i saw them for the first time they were all out of stock
(newegg.com), so i waited and researched what was the best one, i wanted the evga 520 mhz for $315, so i looked last friday and they said the eta(estimated time of arrival) was 3-27-06, so i was like ok they should be gettin more than 10, ill just put my money in the bank and order it asap, well its 3:00pm and the only one still on sale was the xfx 550 mhz for $360, but it was ok, i had the money,
so i look for a G5 logitech mouse cause my friend said i NEEDED it cause it pwns, when i go to check out the POS is sold out, it couldnt of been longer than six minuets.
so i realize that i saw a couple of those *****es on tigerdirect, so i go there and they got a gigabyte and a bfg tech, they both blow and they're $15 over priced but wtf, i got the bfg tech. they have confirmed the order but i dont think that means the card is approved, so i dunno. ill update this when im playing BF2 in my kick *** comp.(hopefully)

i also hope that my 430w psu is enough for a card of this level

all the eVGA ones were in stock at 12pm. I come out and there all out. ETA tomorrow for the 319.00 one. Im gonna have to do it at 8am, thats when there in stock.

Meh, I would of waited a month or two, usually after a few months video cards drop in price by at least 1/5-1/4.

Nevertheless, it's a great card so have fun when it arrives.

tiger has the BFG 7900GT in stock now. $324.00. Mine is comming tomarrow next day air. I'll report when it is in my puter.

im startin to get worried that the 430 psu wont work with the 7900gt, well i know it will but will probaly lower the life span of all the computers parts right?
i only have a AMD 3200+

vipercrazed...

{off topic} your sig is so freakin' annoying....

Anyway... 430 watts should be enough for a single 7900gt.

Also, BFG is a good company. (eVGA & BFG are two of the best.) They both offer Life time warranties and have good customer support.

BFG generally comes with a nice package of stuff.

ok, thnx did some research, and yea 350w is enough for one, its the 450w thats needed for sli.
gotta luv my sig;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom