BTX Socket 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never going to happen, AMD themselves stated that unless the consumer market has any demand for it, as in, a VERY high demand, they won't be designing any BTX motherboards or processors for it.

I mean, think about it, why does AMD need it? AMD's run really cool anyways.

if they did do it they can overclock more and beat intel even worse, unless you have a cedar mill or presler core with water cooling, it goes up around 5ghz.

plus why wouldn't you want it even cooler?

Well, has AMD announced any plans to intitiate any new form factors? I know they probably don't need to change (Like you guys said, they run pretty cool), but maybe they might be working on a new form factor.

When we went from AT to ATX it was pretty cool, ATX is good, but I think it's time for a new form factor, if not for cooler components then for the sake of change.

I hope there will be AM2 BTX motherboards in the near future I specifically bought my case for BTX upgrades just in case :) . I know people say AMD are already cool but would'nt a form factor that makes it even cooler be a good thing?

YEa its called BTX. Go get a BTX case and put your mobo upside down

If you put a mobo upside down, the I/O ports would be on the inside of the case..

Also like said above, its not like being any cooler could be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom