Windows XP Will burn in hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but Home edition came on my laptop and i don't want to $hell out more money to micro$oft, just for different features that i get in Linux for free.:)

on another note, all versions of windows 2000 and newer run on NTFS... It's the "secure" "more stable" file system. It's ok, but I'll keep running Linux...:)

Shan, Windows 2000/NT needs an NTFS partition to operate. FAT16/32 isn't an option.

I'll just spend the $.50 a game and keep in the country, the FBI says that i have to give them 3 months notice if i want to leave. :D hahahaha

Hello shan did you ever do a full www.windowsupdate.com to make sure you have all the patches and updated drivers? Also doing a scandisk following a defragment of the drive usely helps in some cases.

I have Xp Pro and had this problem when I upgraded over Windows Me :( Bad move I quess, one day was doing fine and the next puff fixing one thing right after another until my sound card stop working all together. No matter what I did fixed it, only formatting the drive and doing a clean install of Xp fixed all the problems. I quess thinking back I just had way to many drivers that were not fit when using XP Pro. Anyway!

A warning for Xp pro users

Make sure when your not using the remote options to have them off-disabled, this is for sure not just people using a firewall and think there safe either. This is what I mean.

Goto My Computer and right click and then to Properties on bottom. Then you will see a tab >Remote when clicked you will have two options, I'm going to leave it up to you to go and read up on what it does but I have both the Remote Assistance and Remote desktop unchecked. These options are great but I feel not needed to be enabled if your not using them. This is great op;s for hackers.

:) Any Feedback on remote I wouldn't mind. I like to download Mp3's and more and with all the RIAA and MPAA stuff going around, It just safer at least for me to have these disabled.

-
Nightman

Yea, the funny thing is when I installed the latetest Service Pack from Micro$oft, it happened. Oh well i'm gonna get my PCMCIA modem soon so I can just delete the XP Partition (what's left of it) and continue running Red Hat 8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom