Intalling graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry have read again and it doesn't make any sense oes it!
whoops!
Anyway i bought a graphics card of ebay for aroud $10 but it didn't come with a driver. so i have spent ages trying to install it buy downloading drivers and using add hardware in the control pannel section in windows xp. Not sure how to install it. any suggestions? what am i doing wrong?
Its a 64MB MVGA-NVG11AL nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TVout,AGP.
Thanks for your help

Go to the nVidia website and download the correct drivers. DO NOT INSTALL YET. Remove the current drivers, go to control panel add/remove and you should see them. Shut down computer, remover old video card if one if not currently using intergrated graphics. Install new card in AGP slot. Turn on computer, Win will install a generic driver, so don't worry. Then go to device manager, click on the video card that you just installed, then click on update driver. At this time install the drivers from the location that you downloaded to. Depending on which Win you are using, sometimes when the computer boots up, it will say found new hardware and ask to install drivers at that time. If that is the case, at that time install the new drivers.

still having problems intalled it but says theres a problem (code 10)!
any help is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom