Help With buying a high end PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

caolan

Baseband Member
Im buying a pc from dell and this is what i have got so far i have €2000 to spend. I would be interested in any recommendations as i have not finalised the order yet.

Intel® Viiv™ technology -Intel® Pentium® D 930 Dual Core(3.00GHz,800MHz,2x2MB
2048MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x1024) Memory
Dell E196FP 19" Midnight Grey (TCO99) Flat Panel Monitor
256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 (DVI/VGA/TV-out)

320GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x160GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache]

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card,PCI w/Dolby Digital,7.1 speaker surround and THX certification

Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Speaker System

16x DVD+/-RW & 16x DVD Drives

Integrated Analogue TV tuner PCI card and Dell MCE remote control

just a warning, lots of forum members may have a go at you. buying a so called "high-end" computer from Dell is a bad idea. they sell absolute pieces of crap especially in the uppermarket. if you are going to be gaming then the Intel processor (unavoidable with Dell) is a bad choice. seriously we can help you build a better pc cheaper, if you are not interested in learning how to build we can give you a parts list and there are sites that will build for you or you could get it built at a local pc retailer

"just a warning, lots of forum members may have a go at you. buying a so called "high-end" computer from Dell is a bad idea. they sell absolute pieces of crap especially in the uppermarket. if you are going to be gaming then the Intel processor (unavoidable with Dell) is a bad choice. seriously we can help you build a better pc cheaper, if you are not interested in learning how to build we can give you a parts list and there are sites that will build for you or you could get it built at a local pc retailer"

Agreed

isnt the forum below about building "high end" pc's? you might get more help there :)

(below this one in where you choose forums :/)

Yes, build your own PC. It isnt very hard, cause I can build one and im young. For gaming, I really suggest AMD. My AMD 3800 x2 beats a $1000 intel ee cpu at it, so you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom