Windows Installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty0601

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I recently got a new computer (Compaq), and I got it all setup and everything. It has DSL through a router from my main computer. Pretty much my main computer is a 'heap-o-rubbish'. But anyways, Ive had my computer for about 1-2 months now, and i downloaded the first program that uses the windows installer (All my other programs came with my computer, and the rest of the downloaded progs used InstallShield). Anyways, when I tried to install Deadaim, which uses Windows Installer, it gave me an error. It went something like," The Windows Installer service could not be accessed, This could occur if windows is running in Safe Mode or if the windows installer is not installed properly." But anyways my main computer crashed and some how the disconnection through the router hit my norton personall fire wall, and the firewall assumed it had been bypassed by hackers so it then collapsed and blocked All access to the outside world. Soo, I tried to uninstall the Norton Firewall and i got the error," The Windows Installer service could not be accessed, This could occur if windows is running in Safe Mode or if the windows installer is not installed properly."

If anybody can tell me where to download the windows installer, that would be great. Also if you have a solution to this problem please reply.

Mod Edit:I'm Moving This to the Operatings System Forum...as this is the Tips, Tricks & Tutorials forum:nomad

Nope thnaks for the help but i already tried that. Those are redistributes for every kind of windows execpt XP, Which I have.

Thanks anyways though.

I recently got a new computer (Compaq),
Easy ask (Compaq) I mean after all get your bang for your buck.
Take it back.did you get any cd's ?
This is the worst way to buy a computer,as far as i'm concerned.
============================
I recently got one too,10/02.Works great.

Rusty0601 said:
Hello All,

I recently got a new computer (Compaq), and I got it all setup and everything. It has DSL through a router from my main computer. Pretty much my main computer is a 'heap-o-rubbish'. But anyways, Ive had my computer for about 1-2 months now, and i downloaded the first program that uses the windows installer (All my other programs came with my computer, and the rest of the downloaded progs used InstallShield). Anyways, when I tried to install Deadaim, which uses Windows Installer, it gave me an error. It went something like," The Windows Installer service could not be accessed, This could occur if windows is running in Safe Mode or if the windows installer is not installed properly." But anyways my main computer crashed and some how the disconnection through the router hit my norton personall fire wall, and the firewall assumed it had been bypassed by hackers so it then collapsed and blocked All access to the outside world. Soo, I tried to uninstall the Norton Firewall and i got the error," The Windows Installer service could not be accessed, This could occur if windows is running in Safe Mode or if the windows installer is not installed properly."

If anybody can tell me where to download the windows installer, that would be great. Also if you have a solution to this problem please reply.

Mod Edit:I'm Moving This to the Operatings System Forum...as this is the Tips, Tricks & Tutorials forum:nomad
:)

Attachments

• processes.txt
    46 KB · Views: 77
sorry, and no offense or anything, but I don't exactly get your post, when you said, " I recently got a new computer (Compaq),
Easy ask (Compaq) I mean after all get your bang for your buck.
Take it back.did you get any cd's ?
This is the worst way to buy a computer,as far as i'm concerned.
============================
I recently got one too,10/02.Works great. "

Were you quoting someone or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom