PSU watts for water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
Hey im new to this forum but not new to computers. I built my Computer. Here are the specs of it.
intel 2.66 GHZ
Asus P4se
768MB of ram
ATI readon 9600 pro 128MB
1 40 GB HD
1 120 HD HD
Xaser III case

Here is my question. I recently ordered a Thermaltake Aquarius III Water cooling system. I currently have a 350 Watt PSU. The Water cooling kit connects to the PSU and it uses up 200 Watts. I used this caculator located http://www.challenge-my.com/goopsulator/ there. It said my comp uses 310 watts. I dont think thats right. But anyway, If that is correct, Would i need a 510 watt PSU? Would you think more since i have neon lights and such in my case? I ordered it and it should be here any day now so a quick response would be great. Thanks

Ok, Im thinking you'll need like a 500 wat psu atleast based on ur stuff since the cooling takes alot. What...im thinking.:D Thats a guess..basically but ur other specs don't seem like JUICED UP so i wouldn't exactly know. I guess ur water-cooling is the only thing that'll take alot of power.

ok well Do u think i should get more since i have other stuff in the case? Like cold cathode fans which it didn't really say on the caculator and a neon light? I dont think they sell anything between a 500-550. So you think i should get a 550 watt?

spend the extra buck to be safe..i mean if u go under 550 n something happens ull be losing alot more than the price dif between the 550 and the rest

yea, im gonna get it tomorow from microcenter (a computer store on Long island) Since my aquarius III will be here during the week, i dont wanna order 1 becuase it may be here before the PSU gets here and then i will be pissed =/ But i will get it tomorrow, hook it up and i will be good. Also this is a kinda stupid question but i never delt with such a high wattage before. Since im gonna get a 550 and im only hooking it up for my computer without the water cooling kit, will it harm it at all?

no... 550 is just the maximum output... the actually power consumed by your computer will still equal whatever it was before so there is no way you can harm it ... unless you hook it up wrong or something.

ok... well i think i jsut burnt out my CPU. I replaced the PSU and then my CPU temp just sky rocketed and thats it. It shut down. I have no idea what to do now. I dunno if its my CPU or mobo. It went up to 157 and it shut down. I tryed to replace my PSU with the old one but nothing happened. When i try to reboot it, a black screen just comes up and does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom