Looking to build a new PC (2k budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadas

Baseband Member
As the title states i am looking to build me a new gaming PC however i am on a $2000 budget. Been looking around for a while and getting some good ideas on what i want to get.

Items that im pretty sure i want to see in my system

Graphics - 7900gtx BFG tech PCI-e Card
Mobo - thinking ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe
PSU - at least a 550 PSU
Hard Drive - dont really care what hard drive i go with but thinking a WD 320 (just for the space)
Memory - 2gig of ram
Processor - thinking AMD 64 x2 3800+ Manchester (cause i hear dual core is good for gamming)
Sound Card - X-fi XtremeMusic
Case - looking for any Thermaltake case (i hear they are they coolest cases and best air flow mostly)

as for cd drives and little stuff like that i am happy with anything with a DVD (or even CD burner)

Basicly looking for opinions and comments. any will do,

Thanks!

looks good. dual core isnt good for gaming until games use dual core. and so far none but all upcoming games will begin to use it

you should get evga gpu
are you sli'ing? if not, then get DFI nf4 ultra-d or if you're not feeling that, then the msi neo-4 plat. or the asus one i cant remember
everyone's saying antec trupowerII 550w is best, but if you wanna be different, get an OCZ psu or something
2gigs of OCZ should do you good
G.skill for OCing but OCZ's look o'so pretty (especially their gold gamer edition one)

just go for the expensive stuff cuz you got 2k

what you heard about dual core cpus' arent completely right, dual core WILL be good for gaming (in the very near future) so you can go for the 3800 and if you've got money you can get >4000+ x2 cpus. phyx cards are coming out soon, so make sure you're ready to get one of those. ;P

and just get a seagate barracuda , what ever size best fits your style.

I dont plan on SLI from the get go just because i dont feel its worth it because its costing 100% more money for 50% more performance... while i feel it would be good with going with 2 medium cards, i feel that the 7900gtx solo is good enough for now... maybe come x-mas time ill pick up another one... but i dont thin sli is worth it in the long run.

*EDIT* why do you say the Evga gpu. I like BFG tech because of their true lifetime warranty and they come pre OCed.

ya evga is known for better quality but bfg is good as well. and man i cant wait to get one of those PPU's

cvb's got a point, and preOC'ing a card and pushing up the $ is just marketing bs, they think you wont know how to OC except that it just makes your comp faster so they say "oh we OC'd it for you now give us the extra $30!", just get Rage3D tweak or rivatuner and OC it yourself plenty more than they already have OC'd it.
and if you're not sli'ing definitely dont get a specifically made SLI board, a DFI ultra-d or MSI neo4 platinum will do. or the discontinued abit fatal1ty a8n, that board looked sooooo sick! omfg i wanted one of those but now that they terminated them so early im not so sure...phx cards!!!

u can oc evga's easily but bfg r perfectly fine. the problem with buying a gpu now is that the next gen cards coming end of Q3 will use Direct-X 10 which is supposed to be a complete overhaul of DX9.

also to add to that comment sushi, u can easily OC ur evga with the nvidia drivers its just hidden. i think gaara had something on where to find it but i cant think of it right now. but if u feel uncomfortable just go with bfg

Yeah, which is giving most people problems now, since everyone is saying to wait, and some are saying not to wait. It's kinda confusing. But I'd say that if you're wanting a system now, go for it, seeing as no one really knows for certain when DX10 is coming out, or the new cards for that matter.

anand said nvidia and ati have been planning for around october at earliest. unless microsoft delays vista once again

its good idea to wait but its still fine to buy now. my pc will easily last until next feb. thats when im planning. new cards and conroes will have been out for a while and will be able to get rid of all bugs by the time i buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom