The **** AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd rocks intel..........( yes i no what you intel lovers are saying, once conroe is out it will be better than AMD, cause AMD is retarded and doesnt know how to make something better even though all this time AMDs cards have been better than Intels)

its odd how people who use AMD lose faith in it so quickly. i dun think AMD is going to let Intel beat them in their area of expertise, computers, intel/dell shuld stick with theirs, ripping of ignorant people.

teh_omar said:
noob.jpg

all i can say is wow. is that you?

infiltrator7 said:
all i can say is wow. is that you?

woah no! that looks nothing like me...

I'm a self-described crazy hobo man with dashing looks that could kill. I use my hair to hide pencils, pens, scissors and save parcels of food in my mighty beard.

btw, $3000+ is a lot for a gaming computer, it's a heck of a lot from where I come from (unless your talking in New Zealand dollars), You can build a system for under $1400 CND, or $1200 USD, work in some amateurish overclocking and you'll have quite the kickarse rig. The clock speeds almost mean nothing really. For example, if you want the power of say for example a dual core fx-60 processor, you can get an opteron 165 and overclock it to fx60 speeds (the opteron being a server cpu, the silicon used for the cores are much more resistant to heat, so overclocking is a dream). It works on the same core and has the same 2mb of L2 cache! and you're only spending 2/5 of the fx60 price! it's all just a matter of having the willpower and bravery to overclock, ja?

teh_omar said:
(unless your talking in New Zealand dollars)

Yeah, consider you Americans lucky. We may not have as many snakes, and serial killers are you guys do, but all our stuff over here is so much more overpriced.

As for the whole AMD vs. Intel thing, I don't really care what brand-of processor I'm buying, just as long as it's the best bang for my buck.

its odd how people who use AMD lose faith in it so quickly.
I'm AMD through and through. I'll still buy an AMD even if it seems to lose out to an Intel chip....why? Because I like and support the company. Not because I won't admit that Intel has the better CPU because they might infact have just that. But I don't support intels business practices and their shady tactics of selling CPUs.

That's why AMD are my buuuuuuuddies :D

I'm in the same boat.
IMO, Intel's biggest concern is sales. they really don't care about their customers, as long as they are buying Intel.
now AMD on the other hand is a lot more concerned about good processors. and they value their customers (although I suppose they have to really)

You know, initially, AMD used to be the weaker, budget brand of cpus to buy. Now, I kinda look at Intel like that. I mean, they make ridiculously cheap dual core processors. The 805 is selling for $150 Canadian!! That's $75 a friggin core!! You realize how **** cheap that is for something clocked at a decent speed of 2.66 Ghz, has dual core benefits and 2mb of L2 cache? looks quite nice and very appealing at first.... but it's not.. at all..

lol, it's outselling every other cpu on ncix, not surprisingly. really though, for a dual core super budget pc, the 805 is hardly bad at all... cuz I mean, what else in the AMD line can you get for that price... a Sempron?! Getting AMD is only worth it if you are willing to spend a little extra for ultimate gaming.

My next build, whenever I get the money, I am probably gonna go amd x2 processor-nvidia...., i was gonna go amd orginally but all the amd stuff was sold out at the time, so I didn't want to wait and went intel...

AMD is definitely gaining market share from intel and their core design is obiviously better, i mean the same amount of performance from two processors one running at 3ghz the other at 2gh, that should tell you something about the design of the intel procs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom