how long will 1GB last

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
Do you think 1GB of ram will last me 1 - 1 1/2 years from now? i see battlefield 2 is already leaning towards 1 and a half gigs of ram, but will new games in the future do that to or is it just battlefield 2.

Games coming out in the near future will be needing more towards 2 gig. If you buy 1 gig now you can always add another 1,2 or even 3 later on if you need it.

okay.. so if i do get the 1GB, should i get 2x512 and get another 2x512 later on for a total of 2gb or get 1GB stick and get another 1 gig stick later on? something tells me that if i get the 1GB stick and later on like half a year or a year i will not be able to find that EXACT SAME ram to make dual channel because it will outdated..(corsair value select)

Yeah thats probably right. The best thing to do is to get 2 x 1 gig but this is going to cost you quite a bit more. You can just get 1 gig and add another one later. it doesnt have to be in dual channel it just helps. Its up to you really but by getting 2 x 512 and another 2 later that restricts you to 2 gig all together.

I easilly push 80% of my 2 Gigs at times I honestly think the 1GB days are coming to an end.

Vista doesnt require anything new to run it with all the new features right? with all the technology out today it can run vista? maybe except for the DX10 cards that are coming out later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom