Windows Me system freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

star81

Beta member
Hi, everytime i tried to open my sony sonicstage program or outpost firewall, a box pops up saying the program has caused an error in kernel32.dll. but when i click the close button on the box, it pops up again and doesn't stop. so i just ignored it. i have also recently bought a D-link wireless adapter and installed it in my Windows ME pc. But after i installed it, i couldnt open the internet explorer browser or the mozilla firefox browser. so i uninstalled the wireless adapter. But now everytime i turn on my pc, everything works fine but about 5 minutes after the pc was turned on, the screen turns black or sometimes, the screen freezes. i've tried restarting my computer over and over again but about 5 minutes later, it freezes again. and sometimes when i restart my pc, i get this box that says "Explorer has caused an error in <unknown>. Explorer will now close."

So right now, i want to figure out why i can't open my sonicstage and outpost firewall, and also why my computer keeps freezing. please help me, thanks.

It probably freezes because you are running Windows ME.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your sonicstage program?

no, i haven't tried doing that yet. is it because my memory is too small? that's why it freezes?

have you updated your programs?

How much memory do you have? I recommend at least 128 MB to avoid "freezing"

star81 said:
Hi, everytime i tried to open my sony sonicstage program or outpost firewall, a box pops up saying the program has caused an error in kernel32.dll. but when i click the close button on the box, it pops up again and doesn't stop. so i just ignored it. i have also recently bought a D-link wireless adapter and installed it in my Windows ME pc. But after i installed it, i couldnt open the internet explorer browser or the mozilla firefox browser. so i uninstalled the wireless adapter. But now everytime i turn on my pc, everything works fine but about 5 minutes after the pc was turned on, the screen turns black or sometimes, the screen freezes. i've tried restarting my computer over and over again but about 5 minutes later, it freezes again. and sometimes when i restart my pc, i get this box that says "Explorer has caused an error in <unknown>. Explorer will now close."

So right now, i want to figure out why i can't open my sonicstage and outpost firewall, and also why my computer keeps freezing. please help me, thanks.

ME ISN'T FREEZEING, SONICSTAGE IS

talldude123 said:
have you updated your programs?

How much memory do you have? I recommend at least 128 MB to avoid "freezing"

yes, i have the latest version of the two programs.
it says the memory is 63 MB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom