new mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeg

In Runtime
hi... i got a alright computer right now, but i got fear and it plays like doom on the n64!!!!

well, id like to get a new gfx card, but i was thinking of going SLI or CROSSFIRE cuz ive seen some comps and i figure if i get the power of 2, then thats better then one... and i might run 2x prosessors, but i dont kno if i can use everything els off the system in this. i will tho, buy new case/psu. but i wanted to kno if say the hd and other things will go into the mb i might get that has the sli/crossfire.

or f-that and just update the gfx card and call it a day. id like to get the sli just cuz i kno games and things will be coming out for that setup, and therefor making my comp preped for the future?

thx,
Josh:p

well... i do play all my games on higher res. id like to play it on fear, but am un able because of that, also i want to run basicly everything on high. was going to get the XFX GeForce 7900 GT for my single if i go that way... and probly another stick of 512mb ram lol.

but for dual i think i saw a good price of 4something for 2 7800 or something like that, also a mb with the dual cores for around 6. so i figure around 1.2k and reuse the rest of my stuff and ill have a kick arse system on SLI....... or half that for the 1900gtx and some ram.... hmm, now all i need is money :p

I'd say that SLi and Crossfire are worth it especially for future games. I just bought Asus A8R MVP Crossfire 3200 deluxe. I wont need to upgrade this board for a long time. If you want to play games like Unreal Tournament 2007 on highest settings then you will need this.

I'd say that SLi and Crossfire are worth it especially for future games. I just bought Asus A8R MVP Crossfire 3200 deluxe. I wont need to upgrade this board for a long time. If you want to play games like Unreal Tournament 2007 on highest settings then you will need this.

i wish people would stop stating things like this as fact. unless you have the power of clairvoyance you have no idea when you will have to upgrade. you can guess and hypothesise but not state it as truth.

how high do you consider "high" resolution as skeeg? don't bother with a dual processor system, get a dual core. dual processor boards have no advantages for gaming because they are only available for server cpu's. by this i mean true server cpu's not like the s939 port of the opteron which has more in common with the athlon than the s940 opteron

i'd try to help but i couldn't understand anything skeeg said. something to do with video cards and the N64.

get a good Single card, either the 7900GT or GTX or a x1900 or x1800.
Do not waste ur money on SLi, you dont need it now, isnt UT 07 coming out in Q1 2007? why not buy one card now and another then?
Do not get dual processors, dual cores will suffice. get a good mobo and cpu, like DFI lanparty UT Ultra-D and Opteron 165 and OC the S*** out of it. Get another Gig of Ram, and ur good to go, that should cost you about........

$1000-$1400 depending on which parts you pick from what i suggested.

U LIE! it does? WOOT WOOT! i will be able to play it on my new computer that i build this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom