Which Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce.CR

Baseband Member
Hi all, right now I have to choose my soundcar, but im not sure which one I should take. I have following options:

X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
X-Fi Elite Pro

I use my PC mainly for gaming. Is it worth it to buy the Elite Pro?
Is there a big difference between those two cards?
Where do you but that amplifiere thing that comes with the fatality?

Bruce.CR

The only thing that the elite pro has over the other ones, is that it has higher quality DACs. But I don't think it's worth the price. If you really want the onboard RAM, get the fatal1ty, if all you want is the drive bay, get the platinum, and if you don't care about that get the XtremeMusic.

Hey -- if you can afford the elite pro, get it.

I like those two cause they have memory, so the cpu isn't used to much. But I think the fatality is the one I take. Just a question were do you put that amplfything?

You mean the drive bay? It slides into one of the empty drive bays just like a cd-rom.

just get x-fi xtrememusic. other models are purely waste of money.
you are only using this for games. even for recording, i'd never ever recommend soundblaster series. never. cuz it purely sucks.

I've got the x-fi extreme music for my multimedia rig and the Fatal!ty FPS for my gaming rig. Those are the only two that are of any interest to me.

I think that you should go with the ExtremeMusic edition of the X-Fi if you are just going to use it for gaming and listening to music. If you are a hard-core gamer, you may want to get the Fatal1ty because that had onboard RAM, but I do not blieve that it is worth that much more. (There are only a few games that can actually utelize the onboard RAM.)

I got the Platiunm Edition, because I play keyboard and guitar, as well as hook up many other MIDI devices and microphones, and the I/O box works out fabulously for that. It fits in normal CD Drive bay without issues.

Personally, I think that the Elite Pro is overkill for anyone except audiophilles and professional recording. It has some neat features, and I might have considered it if it were a bit cheaper, but at the moment it is quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom